(Derived from Principles of Bitcoin)
All changes and upgrades to the protocol should strive to maintain and reinforce these Principles of Ellaism
- Monetary Policy: 280 million coins.
- No censorship: Nobody should be able to prevent valid txs from being confirmed.
- Open-Source: Ellaism source code should always be open for anyone to read, modify, copy, share.
- Permissionless: No arbitrary gatekeepers should ever prevent anybody from being part of the network (user, node, miner, etc).
- Pseudonymous: No ID should be required to own, use Ellaism.
- Fungible: All coins are equal and should be equally spendable.
- Irreversible Transactions: Confirmed blocks should be set in stone. Blockchain History should be immutable.
- No Contentious Hard Forks: Never hard fork without consensus from the whole community. Only break the existing consensus when necessary. Many feature upgrades can be carried out without a hard fork, such as improving the performance of the EVM.